According to Reuters, the South Korean government said today that it has ordered Samsung Electronics to take additional measures to ensure the safety of the batteries used in the Galaxy Note 7 mobile phone. At the end of this month, Samsung will resume the sale of Note 7 in the Korean market.
The Korea Technology and Standards Agency ("KATS") said in a statement today that the new battery used in Note 7 is safe. But at the same time, KATS also said that Samsung has been ordered to have its suppliers X-ray the battery before the battery is shipped. In addition, Samsung itself has to implement a comprehensive inspection to ensure the safety of the battery.
Samsung Electronics said that half of the replacement of the 1 million Galaxy Note7 phones that were recalled last week for the US market will arrive at stores before Wednesday. After the explosion of the problematic lithium-ion battery, Samsung officially announced the recall of this high-end smartphone last week. A statement from the company showed that Samsung said that US consumers may get replaced no later than September 21. machine. The US department in charge of product safety said that the number of Samsung mobile phones affected by the recall in the United States was 1 million.
Yesterday, Note 7 has resumed sales in the US, and Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile have all started selling the new version of Note 7. In order to distinguish the old phone with the problem, Samsung also changed the color of the new Note 7 battery icon from the previous white to green.
At the same time, Samsung Electronics also launched a replacement program for the sale of about 400,000 Galaxy Note7 in South Korea. On September 19th, Samsung UK also launched the new Note 7 to replace the previously dangerous mobile phone.
Samsung declined to say how many mobile phones will be recalled in the Korean market, but according to Samsung's data submitted to KATS, Samsung has sold 429,000 Notes 7 in the Korean market as of September 2 (before the recall).
However, according to the Yonhap News Agency, since Samsung Electronics launched the local replacement program on the 19th, the number of replacements in the four days exceeded 100,000, and the number of users who chose to return was less than 5% of the purchasers. According to statistics, on the day of the 19th change plan, there were more than 20,000 replacements. At present, more than 100,000 users have chosen to change. About 18,000 people choose to return, only 4.5% of the purchase users.
Currently, Samsung is stepping up production of the new version of Note 7, hope to complete the recall work as soon as possible, and upgrade the new version of Note 7 sales. Some analysts believe that the recall may bring about $5 billion in revenue losses to Samsung.
Samsung will resume selling Note 7 in Korea on September 28. At the same time, it also stated that, if conditions permit, sales will resume in other countries.
Pneumatic Caster,8 Inch Heavy Duty Casters,Large Caster Wheels,Trolley Swivel Castors
Yangjiang Xingyang Industry & Trade Co.,Ltd. , https://www.xycaster.com